The Senior Section is for young women aged 14 to 25.
Members of The Senior Section can choose from a wide range of unique and exciting opportunities, including travel in the UK and around the world, volunteering with younger girls within Girlguiding as a Mentor or Leader, and working towards valuable qualifications.
The Senior Section offers an exciting and flexible programme with a huge variety of challenges and opportunities for personal development The Look Wider programme offers a range of activities and challenges and motivates members to try out new things – it could be learning a language, playing a musical instrument, running a marathon, camping in the wilds or volunteering overseas. It is flexible and participants can take their chosen activities as far as they wish, from taster level all the way to gaining a qualification that is recognised outside guiding.
If you want to register your daughter for Senior Section, simply follow the link below to our registration site and fill in the simple forms.
What do young women say about The Senior Section?
- It was amazing when we got to the top. The achievement I felt was out of this world and the views were to die for. I have made some great friends.
- Guiding lets girls think, learn and develop without having to put up with boys trying to be the centre of attention all the time!
Philippa / Age 16 /
- Girlguiding has helped me develop loads of skills, through helping out at meetings learning team leadership, to learning how to kayak at camp, to interviewing people! I definitely feel like my voice is being heard and I can make a difference.
Simone / Age 17 /
- I've had amazing experiences no other organisation can offer. And we really do get to have our say in stuff that matters.
Lucy / Age 23 /
- Because of guiding I'm a lot more confident meeting new people. And I've got a really diverse bunch of friends because of it too.
Megan / Age 20 /
What's New With Birmingham Senior Section
- Your Story Content
Send us a 'Word' or 'Text' document with your story, letting us know what you did and what you enjoyed!
Your Story Image.[/tw_sh_column]
Send us an image (jpeg, png) you would like used for the story. At least 870 pixels wide by 350 pixels height.
Insert this code to send your message: